Big Hotdogs

OutbackJack

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2023
The two dojos that are in my pfp are now this large. I know it's nothing special but man, it's an awesome feeling to watch them grow. Dang things are almost 9 inches now lol

Also sorry for the crappy photo quality. Cheap samsung because I can't keep a good phone lol
Dojos.jpg

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Those are massive! Hardly ever see loaches that size; any fish cared for well is certainly special and worth sharing, I think.

Definitely something special there. Dojos may not get a lot of hype but they are quite impressive when properly kept imo.
There's a stunning amount of variety in colour pattern, too- I've both collected and bought/received (from local markets) fish varying from a beautiful metallic gold to a nice blue-grey with elongate spots in Korea. Rather fun fish- used to keep them in large washtubs, and they'd come to nibble my fingers whenever I was doing maintenance.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Yes ive more recently become more and more impressed with them, a local koi keeper has a few lunker albinos in their tanks.

If i didnt love my clowns so much i would consider trading them for a dojo and goldfish tank just so i could go without heaters.

Reactions: OutbackJack

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
Love them man, looking great! Highly underrated fish in my opinion. A very entertaining fish that's resilient and adaptive, readily available and affordable. I think they deserve the hype that bichirs get, I'd rather have a half dozen of these cruising and playing in my tanks than the lazy sausage pile pictures I see of bichirs all the time.

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
Now bichirs ar still fine fish, don't get me wrong I've wanted one on and off over the years but the cost and availability stopped me when younger, and lack of space, and their activity level have prevented me in recent years. Just sayin in my humble opinion loaches of most sorts are far mor eplayful and even interactive to have as pets.

Reactions: tlindsey

OutbackJack

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2023
Love them man, looking great! Highly underrated fish in my opinion. A very entertaining fish that's resilient and adaptive, readily available and affordable. I think they deserve the hype that bichirs get, I'd rather have a half dozen of these cruising and playing in my tanks than the lazy sausage pile pictures I see of bichirs all the time.

They've started sleeping together in the water lettuce; I call em spaghetti when they do that lol

but dude, I love these fish. They're like little water dogs. When I'm doing maintenance, they'll come up to splash me. When they're chilling, I can reach in and pet them. It's wild, I've never had a fish do this. lmao

Reactions: Cal Amari

OutbackJack

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2023
Those are massive! Hardly ever see loaches that size; any fish cared for well is certainly special and worth sharing, I think.

There's a stunning amount of variety in colour pattern, too- I've both collected and bought/received (from local markets) fish varying from a beautiful metallic gold to a nice blue-grey with elongate spots in Korea. Rather fun fish- used to keep them in large washtubs, and they'd come to nibble my fingers whenever I was doing maintenance.

Thank you boss! whoa, I love the coloring of those you posted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store