PDA

View Full Version : cool hybrids

BigFish
12-06-2005, 10:08 PM
i would like to buy a cool looking hybrid of some cichlids but i havnt seen alot of different types around where i live and online. does anyone have some cool looking hybrids if u do i would really like to see some pics.

BastardFish
12-11-2005, 4:14 PM
I will try and post pictures of a couple of my Flower Horns for you. Go with a flower horn or Red Texas it do not get any better than these! Go to AquaBid.com and look under Flower Horn their are alot of pictures there for you to view. I hope this helps.

starrfish71
12-11-2005, 6:13 PM
I love blood parrot cichlids also.

Many years ago I had a Jack Dempsey/ Texas cross- it was a really beautiful fish.

Cryptoheros
12-11-2005, 8:33 PM
There's a small shop here in my town selling Convict x Texas hybrids...they're ...interesting...

papillon
12-26-2005, 6:17 PM
i would like to buy a cool looking hybrid of some cichlids but i havnt seen alot of different types around where i live and online. does anyone have some cool looking hybrids if u do i would really like to see some pics.

i hope this would help you appreciate flowerhorn, they are our island born fh in the Philippines

benzjamin13
12-28-2005, 1:30 AM
I like the flowerhorn's color...but that hump has got to go :p

ROSS
12-28-2005, 4:13 PM
I think only the males have them?? not 100% sure though .. grace and attitude all in one package.. :D

lotsatanks
01-06-2006, 7:02 PM
what kind of fish is in that picture? I have four that look like that in my tank but not that large of hump and I dont know what they are, not in any books, they are pinkish in color.

Dan1
01-07-2006, 9:08 AM
what kind of fish is in that picture? I have four that look like that in my tank but not that large of hump and I dont know what they are, not in any books, they are pinkish in color.
Can you post a pic?

lotsatanks
01-08-2006, 6:06 PM
The center picture you posted, is that a flower horn too? I have four of these fish i cant identify they look like real light pink flower horns but the hump is a bit smaller and they seem to be a bit shorter in length than the top and bottom picture you show. they are thick fish. any advice is appreciated.

lotsatanks
01-08-2006, 6:09 PM
i dont have any way yet to put pics on here, Ill video it and see if I can get it on here for easier identification.

Nate_N_Nicole
01-08-2006, 8:48 PM
You dont like the hump???? I luv the hump :headbang2

Nate_N_Nicole
01-08-2006, 8:49 PM
Gotta go with a red texas!!! :thumbsup:

papillon
01-17-2006, 6:41 AM
The center picture you posted, is that a flower horn too? I have four of these fish i cant identify they look like real light pink flower horns but the hump is a bit smaller and they seem to be a bit shorter in length than the top and bottom picture you show. they are thick fish. any advice is appreciated.

is this the one your refering bro? its a local bred island born flowerhorn in the Philippines, it called molted Thunderbolt strain

concord
01-17-2006, 7:20 AM
funny lookin fishies I want 1 :D

bro
02-07-2006, 1:58 AM
I have a male FH that will breed with anything. Right now I have about 20-30 of his offspring that are X bred with a Manaquense (sp?). They are really neat looking.

BTW, How common is it for a FH to x breed so readly?

Filthy Sanchez
02-07-2006, 2:04 AM

I agree

Paintsn
02-07-2006, 4:03 AM
here is some of my stuff.. Enjoy

http://mujestic.com/flowerhorn_r_us

ck out them hybrid done up by Mista Chen aka RAREFISH (FF= Fortune Fish)