Figure 8 Puffers... any information?

landmineyouth

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
North Miami
www.djrobriggs.com
I recently purchased one of these (about 1.5 to 2 inches) for my VERY-semi brackish tank.... its housed with 2 mono seabea's, 1 archer fish (3-4inches or so), a ghostknife and some other various bottom dwellers..

i dont see the puffer much, ive only had him for 48 hours, but he tends to hide mostly and i havent seen him eat either... the archer almost tried to make a meal of HIM at first glance but i think he now realizes its not food...

i have plenty of live plants and rocks for hiding, wich is mainly what he is doing, but he seems healthy, should i worry, do these fish become more personable or do they enjoy mostly hiding?

Micky_Fahaka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2006
Chesterfield, UK
He'll be hiding till he gets used to the tank/tankmates, youll have to watch how he interacts I know the other fish are bigger but puffers tend to take on fishes 10 times there size, I had a few dwarfs puffers (1cm) and they chased and nipped everything they could see!

mbhw

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Very nippy fish, hopefully yours isn't too aggressive. Clean water, food, aggressive, tough tankmates, that pretty much sums up my figure 8 experience.

I also found they did well in pure salt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store