Green Wolf Eel w/Green Spotted Puffer: Safe?

Legacy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2006
Hacienda Heights
Hi,

Here's the run down. I've recently been working on putting together a 37G Tall (29.5 x 12.5 x 25.5) Oyster Reef themed tank to house a single Green Spotted Puffer. GSPs start off in mid-ranged brackish water and then migrate out into full marine as they reach maturity at about 4" in length.

I've recently become facinated by the Green Wolf Eel (C. subducens) and have been thinking about keeping one. After doing some research I have found that Green Wolf Eels don't require a lot of space because they don't move around and that there has been successful breeding of an adult pair in a 30G tank. This meaning my tank size should suffice in housing 1 adult. I have also found that tankmates are ok as long as they wont fit in the Green Wolf Eels mouth (GSP reaches adult size of 6" and GWE adult size of 18") and that puffers are considered one of the acceptable tankmates.

Here's are my questions:

1. Does anyone have any experience with housing a Green Wolf Eel any species of puffer together? What about behavior towards any type of tankmate?

2. Does anyone know what the growth rate of a Green Wolf Eel is? In what time frame should I expect to see it reach the adult size of 18".

3. I have read on Fishbase.org that the Green Wolf Eel has been seen in brackish water. Does anyone have experience with this? If they are tolerant of brackish water, or spend their juvenille life in brackish that would mean I could combine the 2 fish together right off the bat.

Any insight on this topic would be highly appreciated. If I can pull this off I'll start stacking my oyster reef in ways to form caves for the Green Wolf Eel.

Thanks in Advance,
David

Syffe457

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
United States
The last GW ell i delf with killed every thing in the ank with it and got retured to the store 3 times, they can be very agresive, I wouldent recimend the puffer and the eel together.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store