New brackish tank

kayharley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2006
CT
First off, please pardon me for not using scientific names to describe what's in my brackish tank.
I have a 55 gallon that I'd like to make look marine or reef-like in its appearance. I can't use real plants but does anyone have any suggestions I can use?
Thanks

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
What are you going to put it it?

kayharley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2006
CT
Believe it or not I do not know very many of the names of the fish we got because I can't read the fish store owners handwriting :)
She has run this fish store in her home/basement for 35 years and is the best! We won this 55 gallon tank in a raffle she has every year. I have a 29 gal. freshwater tank also.
Anyway, I know we have a silver scat, a mono...9 fish all together, only 1 of each. She told us to see which species we like and then to get two more of them...either have 1 or 3 or 5 of a species.
I did get some beautiful fake diftwood, artificial coral & anemonies but I would like some plants that are specific to reef/marine tanks. All I can find are freshwater ones.
Thanks for the replies...I am new here.

aquarah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
New York
Java ferns do well in brackish water but you need two have atleast a good two inches of substrate, good lighting and a Co2 system.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store