Dragon Gobv

dark_aLLeY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2005
somewhere along the equator
Scottfree said:
Has anyone succesfully kept a Dragon Goby, I've had 2 and haven't has success with either. Any secrets shared/pics would be appreciated....
They need very clean, brackish water. Have very small appetite too...and only accept live food such as live blood worms and brine shrimps...

good luck*

Scottfree

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
location, location, location
dark_aLLeY said:
They need very clean, brackish water. Have very small appetite too...and only accept live food such as live blood worms and brine shrimps...

good luck*

Thank yu, don't think I'll go down that path. My LFS several years ago had an enormous one in with a Pacu, found that quite interesting....

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
I could not resist. I picked one up today at the LFS. It is a very scrawny 8".
I have it currently in my 10gallon quarentine tank. Appetite is certainly good on it, as it just ate a cube of frozen blood worms and two slices of beef heart.

2006_0220.JPG

cmersits

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
Yorktown, New York
I saw one at petsmart one time, they looked cool, I was going to buy one. Good thing I didnt, I didnt know they need bracksih water

60mm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
va
very cool fish, i had one in a fresh water tank for over a year with no problems.
From what I’ve been told they can be kept in fresh water if they are acclimated to it very slowly. Also the only thing he would eat was shrimp pellets.

phreakyfaerie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
michigan
mine is in fresh water with a little aquarium salt, and it eats frozen brine shrimp and flakes

silveraro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2006
Minnesota
Mine eats anything that makes it's way in front of it's mouth.
It likes sinking pellets, alge waffers and any flake food that has sunk to the bottom.
This fish is nearly blind and anything you can do to make sure he gets food will help him out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store