PDA

View Full Version : my mexican fireleg tarantula

huy
10-30-2008, 12:52 PM
hi guy this is my new pet an mexican fire leg tarantula :headbang2. i got him 2 day ago and feed him 2 super worms :naughty: but now she haven't eat anything >< i try the cricket and some super worm but she ingore them :/,in northen vietname the weather going cold now does it matter to my spider :/ :screwy: what i have to do now :screwy: can someone tell me pls? ok here the pic
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/huyhhhh1/DSC03183.jpg
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/huyhhhh1/DSC03184-2.jpg

bettagurl
10-30-2008, 1:01 PM
You need to post on www.arachnoboards.com

She needs to be in a warm, humid area, peat moss and a dirt mixture is much better than those shavings.
MAKE SURE THEY ARE NOT PINE. Pine can kill tarantulas.
She may be cold, and needs to have her tank warmed.

Ask on arachnoboards, I don't know enough about fire legs to give you all the info you need.

reptech
10-30-2008, 1:02 PM
i dont know much about them but im sure someone else can help nice looking spider tho

bettagurl
10-30-2008, 1:07 PM
Also, unless the rocks you have stacked are secured with glue or something, you need to take them out. If they shift it could kill her.

If she is your first tarantula, you really shouldn't have gotten a fire leg, a rose hair or chaco tarantula would have been easier.

rmorse
10-30-2008, 2:04 PM
Also, unless the rocks you have stacked are secured with glue or something, you need to take them out. If they shift it could kill her.

If she is your first tarantula, you really shouldn't have gotten a fire leg, a rose hair or chaco tarantula would have been easier.

:iagree:

Pretty tarantula though! ;)

bettagurl
10-30-2008, 2:09 PM
:iagree:

Pretty tarantula though! ;)

Yes, absolutely beautiful.. I was going to get one as my first, but decided I'd do better with a hardier and easier to care for species.

rmorse
10-30-2008, 2:11 PM
Yes, absolutely beautiful.. I was going to get one as my first, but decided I'd do better with a hardier and easier to care for species.

Yea. I really want a Cobalt, but I probably shouldn't just yet :nilly:

bettagurl
10-30-2008, 2:14 PM

As crazy as they are, I don't plan on owning one until I can house something away from nosey 'kids' lol
I can see my dogs now..

Louie
10-30-2008, 2:20 PM

They had a cobalt last night on some animal show great color but more than ready to bite.

Louie
10-30-2008, 2:22 PM
hi guy this is my new pet an mexican fire leg tarantula :headbang2. i got him 2 day ago and feed him 2 super worms :naughty: but now she haven't eat anything >< i try the cricket and some super worm but she ingore them :/,in northen vietname the weather going cold now does it matter to my spider :/ :screwy: what i have to do now :screwy: can someone tell me pls? ok here the pic
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/huyhhhh1/DSC03183.jpg
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/huyhhhh1/DSC03184-2.jpg

real pretty not my type of pet but I do love their colors

rmorse
10-30-2008, 2:22 PM
They had a cobalt last night on some animal show great color but more than ready to bite.

True. They are GORGEOUS, but soooo aggressive.

andyjs
10-30-2008, 3:46 PM
True. They are GORGEOUS, but soooo aggressive.
Yeah there was one at the shop I work at most of the summer. Very cool, but wicked mean. We also had a super aggressive Thai tiger and some real nice, docile pink toes.

Very cool spider. Good luck with it.

coura
10-30-2008, 3:56 PM
First of BEAUTIFULL spider:D My fav actualy and if some day Im out for a tarantula this will be my first choice;) Second you cant expect that she is going to be hungry soon, 2 superworms will more than enough for like 4 days, untill then there is no need to feed her more and no bugs roaming her cage:grinno: 2 feeds a week is more then enough for a grown spider. Also something is really bugging me about your cage:nilly:That stone hidding place:nilly: Unless you have glued thouse rocks thogether wich you havent, the risk of the top rock acidently falling and seriously injuring your spider is very high. Replace them by a cork cave or glue them thogether asap:)

Jfitz
10-30-2008, 4:28 PM
sweet looking lil guy, my friend was trying to sell me one for 200 :| Usually the case when its not eating after recently buying it is because you have to let them be for a few days, same applies for herps.

huy
10-30-2008, 9:17 PM
thanks for info dude :)

jason longboard
10-30-2008, 9:54 PM
I would get rid of the wood shavings,especially if its got a strong smell weather it be pine,cedar or aspen,I wouldnt use them.Just use the dirt or soil,Im sure being where you live its harder to get some of the stuff we do but just use the soil,whats the dark stuff you got?The rocks should be very secure like the others said,you may have them feeling nice and tight but if the cage was bumped hard or something you just never know.All my spiders slow down feeding as it gets colder,how cold are your winters?ISnt the humidity high their already?Adults can go a very long time without food in case it were to ever happen so with how plump and healthy yours looks it would be fine if it didnt eat for weeks,but its either the cold,its full,or stressed somehow but I think you should be fine with a few adjustments.Fill me in on the temps and humidity in your area.Oh,and if the substrate can cling on to their feet real bad and they try to never go on to the ground that will stress them bad.Here are a few of mine in case you wanted to see.272384

jason longboard
10-30-2008, 10:08 PM
herehttp://www.giantspiders.com/
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/the.tarantula.store/

theheffners
10-31-2008, 1:00 AM
very pretty!

coura
10-31-2008, 5:48 AM
Cool spiders Jason dint know you were into tarantulas:)

jason longboard
10-31-2008, 10:25 PM
yep,I also got this king baboon,black widow and here is a pic of the huntsman I had for a bit,they like to roam so I felt bad keeping it in a cage so after she had a crap load of babies I let here and them go in the yard,well,sort of neighbors yard:ROFL:272777

coura
11-01-2008, 8:17 AM
yep,I also got this king baboon,black widow and here is a pic of the huntsman I had for a bit,they like to roam so I felt bad keeping it in a cage so after she had a crap load of babies I let here and them go in the yard,well,sort of neighbors yard:ROFL:272777

:ROFL::ROFL::naughty:

Jfitz
11-01-2008, 11:21 PM
I would get rid of the wood shavings,especially if its got a strong smell weather it be pine,cedar or aspen,I wouldnt use them.Just use the dirt or soil,Im sure being where you live its harder to get some of the stuff we do but just use the soil,whats the dark stuff you got?The rocks should be very secure like the others said,you may have them feeling nice and tight but if the cage was bumped hard or something you just never know.All my spiders slow down feeding as it gets colder,how cold are your winters?ISnt the humidity high their already?Adults can go a very long time without food in case it were to ever happen so with how plump and healthy yours looks it would be fine if it didnt eat for weeks,but its either the cold,its full,or stressed somehow but I think you should be fine with a few adjustments.Fill me in on the temps and humidity in your area.Oh,and if the substrate can cling on to their feet real bad and they try to never go on to the ground that will stress them bad.Here are a few of mine in case you wanted to see.272384

wow... howd u get your hands one a black widow???

jason longboard
11-02-2008, 4:42 AM
wow... howd u get your hands one a black widow???If I roamed outside my house around the shed and anything that they could hide under I bet I could find about 20 of them in 10 minutes,lol.They should be our state spider.

Jfitz
11-02-2008, 8:44 AM
If I roamed outside my house around the shed and anything that they could hide under I bet I could find about 20 of them in 10 minutes,lol.They should be our state spider.
hahahaha alright :P

rallysb1tch
11-02-2008, 8:54 AM
I know nothing about them, but I just want to say its a beaut!

Jessica Dring
11-02-2008, 9:24 AM
Very pretty spider.
Agreed with most, no wood shavings, and don't worry about her not eating anymore. Shes probably full. My t's eat about 3 times a week (well my salmon pink about every 2-3 weeks on a rat) and others only eat once every two weeks.
Good Luck (: