Salt/Brackish

Tanyoberu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2006
NJ
Hello All,

I have an 80 gallon long where I keep brackish fish (scats, datnoids and eels). I keep the Salinity at 1.016 and often push it to 1.020 because the fish seem healthier in that salinity.

My question is, does anyone know of a Monster tank dedicated to this type of set-up? My goal is to have a 400+ tank in the next year OR two that will be based on an estuary biotype/ open sea. I would like to see some ideas or chat about possibilities for set-ups.

I want it to hold other SW fish that also thrive in those areas like puffers and snappers and that sort.

Tanyoberu

Tanyoberu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2006
NJ
Great! Any idea who that person is? I wish we could look for people under categories like that. I'd like mine to have an extensive mangrove root look. I don't know if that can be done without using the real thing.

Tany

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
I am only keeping a small brackish tank myself(1 green spot puffer), I hope you can find the ideas you are looking for, I would love to see pics , I dont think I've seen a Monster brackish tank but what you have planned sounds great! Good Luck!

scottchristian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2005
las vegas, NV
my 90gal corner tank was a brackish setup before i got it. it was my wifes uncle. he had one HUGE spotted puffer. his head was as big around as a softball, and at least 16-18" in length. there were literally thouthands of crawdads in there, they were reproducing like crazy.

landmineyouth

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
North Miami
www.djrobriggs.com
I have a 75 gallon full of brackish fish now but the water quality are not brackish, will be moving all them to a 120gallon and setting it as true brackish, mangroves and all, hit me up if you wanna chat!

Tanyoberu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2006
NJ
Sounds good. I'm new to this site, but I will definately touch basis with you. Which species are you keeping now and which do you intent to keep when you set up the 120?

Don4921

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
Tampa
i have a 75 g good luck on your goal do not give up :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store