My eel died.

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
Although he was just a common bait fish, my American Eel, has died this morning. About 2 days ago, he jumped out of the tank on the 2nd floor. I found him on the 1st floor covered in dust/hair, not evening moving. I thought he was dead, but I put him in some water and he slowly came back to life. I put him back in the tank and he was breathign heavy, but he looked in bad condition, much of his sides were cut up. This morning I found him dead. He was my last monster I had, and I have had him since he was only 6in, and now, 7yrs later, he is 18in. It is a sad day.

pinnky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2005
South Carolina
Sorry for your loss, even though he was just bait fish he was still your friend.

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
pinnky said:
Sorry for your loss, even though he was just bait fish he was still your friend.
He really was, whenever I put my face to the glass, he would come out of his little cave and put his eye to the glass. He would always swim in-between my fingers, ocassionally give one or to a lil nip, but he was my buddy. :cry:

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
awww im sorry about your loss, sounds like a cool eel. you gunna get another one?

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
davo said:
awww im sorry about your loss, sounds like a cool eel. you gunna get another one?
If I can, that eel is becoming the topic of great debates to whether it should be put on the endangered species list.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Sorry to here about your loss.

Fabio's Dad

Annie the Sun Conure
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Colfax, WA USA
When we have them for so long, even fish end up being a type of friend. I'm sorry about your loss.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store