do stingrays eat their babies

Romania4eva

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Chicago
i know some fish,actually a lot of fish eat their young. does anyone know if sting rays eat their young. so will the babies be fine to grow up wiht 10 other adults

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
sometime adults do bite the young, I would remove any babies out of the tank for two reasons...
1. In case the adults do bite and kill the young, has happened before
2. the adults would out compete any of the pups for food

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
turkeyboy85;2493457; said:
sometime adults do bite the young, I would remove any babies out of the tank for two reasons...
1. In case the adults do bite and kill the young, has happened before
2. the adults would out compete any of the pups for food
couldnt have said it better

Brent

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2005
TFC
true males will bite and kill pups the mother wont not sure if other females will?but doubt it
i lost a leo due to the father chewed the crap out of it

000_0494.jpg

Romania4eva

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Chicago
hey thx guys. i dont have any sting rays yet cuz they pretty expensive and i need to make a ray pond. i saw pics from you people who have a couple sting rays together in a pond. and i was wondering waht if they give birth, how do get to them in time. can you tell when they arepregnant or something?

ronin_man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Romania4eva;2494661; said:
hey thx guys. i dont have any sting rays yet cuz they pretty expensive and i need to make a ray pond. i saw pics from you people who have a couple sting rays together in a pond. and i was wondering waht if they give birth, how do get to them in time. can you tell when they arepregnant or something?
yes, here is a quick link to show some pics of pregnant ray, take a look
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164608&highlight=pregnant+ray

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store