Speaking of 'freshwater morays'...

Fabio's Dad

Annie the Sun Conure
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Colfax, WA USA
Is it just me, or does it bug the #@%* out of you folks, as well, when the LFS sells saltwater eels as freshwater fish and say nothing about saltwater when they know better?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
That really bugs me. Especially since these 'FW' morays are routinely a noobs introduction to larger oddball fish. Then again, I'm still puzzled why lfs' still tell people that oscars will grow to fit a 20gal, pacus only grow to 10-12", RTCs do fine in a 60gal, and it's OK to mix goldfish and tropicals.

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
i have found out that they are not fw morays they are babies of adults that travel from salt to fresh to breed...

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
i love it i got dumb lfs stores all over my fav of all is walmart that guy there is a real moron he told but the other store up the street that guy will tell you the fw morays can live for life in a 10 or 20 gallon i dont remember wich one

Don4921

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
Tampa
Nic said:
i love it i got dumb lfs stores all over my fav of all is walmart that guy there is a real moron he told but the other store up the street that guy will tell you the fw morays can live for life in a 10 or 20 gallon i dont remember wich one
hillarious people are so stupid sometimess :ROFL: :ROFL:

freeNINETY9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Saint Charles, IL
i work at a petsmart and i understand the frustration with that kind of stuff. but do understand, we could separate goldfish and tropicals with a concrete wall ten feet thick and people are still going to get to the other side to mix fish. i routinely refuse people fish (which i am allowed to do) when i know they are keeping them in a tank too small or with unsuitable tank mates, but understand they will just come back when im not working or go to another store that doesnt ask questions about their tank.

so its not entirely on the store. believe me, i could tell someone 'this is a saltwater fish and will DIE in your tank' and if they could get it themselves, they would.

i get people constantly going 'oh thats ok, ill take him anyways' and that is when you know its out of your control because theyre idiots.

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
freeNINETY9 said:
i work at a petsmart and i understand the frustration with that kind of stuff. but do understand, we could separate goldfish and tropicals with a concrete wall ten feet thick and people are still going to get to the other side to mix fish. i routinely refuse people fish (which i am allowed to do) when i know they are keeping them in a tank too small or with unsuitable tank mates, but understand they will just come back when im not working or go to another store that doesnt ask questions about their tank.

so its not entirely on the store. believe me, i could tell someone 'this is a saltwater fish and will DIE in your tank' and if they could get it themselves, they would.

i get people constantly going 'oh thats ok, ill take him anyways' and that is when you know its out of your control because theyre idiots.
ya but i hate it when people refuse to help me or get me fish just because on my age pisses me off when i dont get help just because of age.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store