Flowerhorn Hump Question?

twk1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Home
Just wondering if there is a special technique on how to make your flowerhorns forehead hump grow bigger? I heard that the more aggressive they get... the bigger the hump??
Sooo...... FH Pro's, is this true?
Thanks.

Canadbis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2005
Calgary AB
I have heard if you put a mirror on one side of the tank it will help the hump grow. Not sure if this is a fact or not but may be worth a try

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
the more dominant the fish is the more the hump will grow. it will also grow when trying to show off for a mate during the breeding process. the mirror trick could very well work, but I'd recommend only having the mirror in front of the tank for a couple of hours a day at most. if you leave a mirror on the tank at all times it could over stress the fish. :)

arki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2006
philippines
its on the genes of the flowerhorn, if the parents of your FH has big kok or humps, your FH might have big kok also...good food and good water parameters will help enhance the head of the FH

papillon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2005
lungsod quezon, philippines
arki said:
its on the genes of the flowerhorn, if the parents of your FH has big kok or humps, your FH might have big kok also...good food and good water parameters will help enhance the head of the FH
to add some more facts to bro arki, one must also consider giving your fh good nutrition ie high protein pellets and some live foods(superworms) ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store