what kind of glue if safe for fish?

rivendel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
Canada
im planning to built a caves for my fish, maybe made of rocks or something but my question is what kind of glue will not harm fish?

rivendel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
Canada
albyoscar;2720940; said:
aquarium silicone works for projects such as that :)
anytype of silicone? that i can buy on rona? how about the sand, can i just buy from rona? is it safe for my ciclids? goldfish? arowana? etc...

TheFishJunky

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
Jersey
aquarium silicone and some others.alot will say right on it"ok for aquariums".some sand is loaded with silica which is very bad.your best bet is to rinse the sand thoroughly and read what type of sand it is.not familiar with rona so cant say.

sammy5772

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2007
Auckland, New Zealand
Make sure you are careful with the silicon because some like the ones used in bathrooms are pigmented or have other things in them that can leech out and kill fish (don't worry, thankfully, not first hand experience).

rivendel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
Canada
sammy5772;2722056; said:
Make sure you are careful with the silicon because some like the ones used in bathrooms are pigmented or have other things in them that can leech out and kill fish (don't worry, thankfully, not first hand experience).

so do rona have a silicone for aquarium?

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
If you're going to use PVC pipes, PVC pipe cement is fine but give it a day or two before using it in your tank. The smell has to be removed completely before use.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store