Brackishwater fish

fishmatser

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2006
massachusetts
;) Can anyone tell me what kind of fish I can place in my brackish water 55 gal tank I have 1 archer 1mono 1 scat and 2 colombian sharks.. I would like to get mostly wild caut but cb is ok too I would like all diferent kinds that get along with each other. like Insectavours and some carnavours.

Thank You

WIfishman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
Fond du Lac, WI
Well fishmaster,

Brackish is in between freshwater and saltwater, so the SG (Specific Gravity) should be around 1.008 - 1.012 for a community tank. You will need sea salt and a hydrometer, I use Instant Ocean in my tanks.
Also, you will want to ask the person who cared for the fish you are buying, because alot of "brackish" fish are shipped in freshwater, so you would have to slowly aclimate the fish with your saltwater. Be careful not to shock the fish, aclimation will take several hours.
Hope this is of some help.

Don4921

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
Tampa
be care when acclimating! Try getting a pleco and converting it :thumbsup:

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The kinds of fish you can have are - scats, monos, kinght gobies, Chromides. They all get along really well. I have all of these fish right now. The salt content of my tank is between 1.012 and 1.016....I fluctuate the salt and they really thrive in it. The amount of salt to add is 4 tablespoons per gallon. Check out my gallery! I have a 90 gallon Brackish....

Jen ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store