asian arowana

orangebang49

Feeder Fish
Mar 28, 2006
hawaii
any one know the laws as far as shipping asian arowana to the U.S. mainly hawaii?

Just got a 90 gallon tank, would be awesome to have an asian....................

Timmy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
On Mother EARTH
Good luck finding on in HI. If you do it is going to cost you your arm. And yes the are highly illegal!

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
yeah just make sure McGarett and DanO don't show up...
or
you'll be needin' the DOG for bail..

lookie down here,

The Endangered Species Act
Passed in 1973 and reauthorized in 1988, the Endangered Species Act (ESA) regulates a wide range of activities affecting plants and animals designated as endangered or threatened. By definition, "endangered species" is an animal or plant listed by regulation as being in danger of extinction. A "threatened species" is any animal or plant that is likely to become endangered within the forseeable future.

The Act prohibits the following activities involving endangered species:

Importing into or exporting from the United States.
Taking (includes harassing, harming, pursuing, hunting, shooting, wounding, trapping, killing, capturing, or collecting) within the United States and its territorial seas.
Possessing, selling, delivering, carrying, transporting, or shipping any such species unlawfully taken within the United States or on the high seas.
Delivering, receiving, carrying, transporting, or shipping in interstate or foreign commerce in the course of a commercial activity.
Selling or offering for sale in interstate or foreign commerce.
Prohibitions apply to endangered species, their parts, and products. Most of these restrictions also apply to species listed as threatened unless the species qualifies for an exception. The Act also requires that wildlife be imported or exported through designated ports and that special declarations be filed. If the value of wildlife imported and/or exported is $25,000 per year or more, importers and exporters must be licensed.

Exceptions:
Permits may be granted for scientific or propagation purposes or for economic hardship situations involving endangered or threatened species.

Penalties:
Violators of the Endangered Species Act are subject to fines of up to $100,000 and one year imprisonment. Organizations found in violation may be fined up to $200,000. Fish, wildlife, plants, and vehicles and equipment used in violations may be subject to forfeiture.

Rewards:
Individuals providing information leading to a civil penalty or criminal conviction may be eligible for cash rewards.

the penalties and Rewards are what would make me shy away from that kinda thing...and I do love the Asian Aro!

lookyloo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
moving
ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS STILL ILLEGAL IN THE U.S.A. BUT THERE ARE STILL MILLIONS COMING OVER ANYWAY, SO HAVING AN ILLEGAL FISH THAT BRED ON FARMS SHOULDN'T BE A BIG DEAL, IN MY OPINION IF YOU CAN FIND ONE MORE POWER TO YOU, I CURRENTLY OWN ONE AND LOOKING TO FIND ANOTHER

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
hah dude, advertising on a public forum like this that you have asian aro's in your possession isn't exactly what i would call smart

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store