Silver + Jardini???

jerppyjerp

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
Trout Island
I Have a Silver about 8-9 in. and recently bought a Jardini 5 in. I put them together for a day while I made a divider for my tank. When I put the divider up, the Jardini seemed to be unhappy. He wasn't swimming around as much and wouldn't eat. So I decided to take the divider out and now they are swimming side by side. Is this weird? OH YEAH! The Jardini dose not eat feeders, he only eats bloodworms and crickets. Is this also weird?

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
It seems ok for now, but when that jardini gets bigger, all hell will break loose.
Bloodworms and crickets arent weird. Mine used to eat anything from flake to algae wafers.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
jerppyjerp said:
I Have a Silver about 8-9 in. and recently bought a Jardini 5 in. I put them together for a day while I made a divider for my tank. When I put the divider up, the Jardini seemed to be unhappy. He wasn't swimming around as much and wouldn't eat. So I decided to take the divider out and now they are swimming side by side. Is this weird? OH YEAH! The Jardini dose not eat feeders, he only eats bloodworms and crickets. Is this also weird?
hmmmmmmmmm sounds like your jar is one of the few placid.

but keep an eye on him, once they get bigger they can turn into a real hell monster.

so just keep an eye on them both, and have a spare tank at the ready.

but it could work out.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
bad idea dude, bad idea. separating them is a better option

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Could turn into an all out brawl...

Just warning you.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Yeah be careful and keep an eye on them.

zhuangsw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2005
jerppyjerp said:
bro,

its hard to keep 2 arowanas together in a single tank.. if u really want to try comming them together, u need about at least 4-5 of either one species and lots of good luck!

your Jardini eats bloodworms and crickets now coz its young, as it grows older some aros will not want to eat bloodworms anymore, instead going for more fleshier and meater diet, like frogs, narket prawns and feeder fish..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store