Tankmates

TrizzleTree

Feeder Fish
Mar 28, 2006
California
I have a quick question... I receintly purchased a 10 inch silver arowana and am considering tankmates for the future. I've read that Flowerhorn cichlids are an absolute no-no, (I have 1 in another tank) but few people I've talked to say they've had no problems... Also considering Giant red fin gourami (also have 2 in another tank). Just wondering if they can co- exist at all. Thanx.

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
it depends on the temprement of the fish you want to house with the aro.
if it tolerates other fish then fine but if not then dont risk it

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
DiXoN said:
it depends on the temprement of the fish you want to house with the aro.
if it tolerates other fish then fine but if not then dont risk it
yes. as long as the living condition requirements are the same it should not be an issue if your fish as good temprement. FH are know to be aggresive and silvers are gentle creatures.

sam_cj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
PH
imo. having FH as aro tankmate should be a potential problem due to it's aggressive nature. go for silver dollars or tinfoil barbs instead.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I had a big flowerhorn with my aro and had no problems at all. The aro was 24" and the FH was 11 or 12"

ckk125

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Malaysia
yep..silver dollars and bala sharks make excellent tankmates for silver aro.they are fast enough if the silver aro suddenly feels like eating them.

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
ckk125 said:
yep..silver dollars and bala sharks make excellent tankmates for silver aro.they are fast enough if the silver aro suddenly feels like eating them.
yes. another thing to note is to make sure the tankmates do not fit the aros mouth. i.e should be bigger then aro's mouth. else they could be eaten. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store