aro jumping?

h20drg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2006
us
since the main cause of aro's death is jumping. at what size should i be concern about my aro jumping out of its tank? at what size should i consider adding weights to the lids?

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
They also will jump when stressed, or when to much is happening near their tank. Just make sure you have good lids, and don't leave it open. Never know when something might fly by and look tasty.

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
If you don't want to add weights to your hood, add some latch locks on the sides. Either way - when you got a fish that's a known jumper - better to be safe than sorry.

--Emi

dacox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2005
Illinois
h20drg said:
what if its only a 5 incer?
I'd still do something to secure the top. It couldn't hurt and IMO it's better to be safe than sorry.

Eric L

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2006
washington
When I first got my arro the next morning I was sitting and watching my tank when My stingray decided to beg for food in the way it normally does which is run up the side of the tank wall and my arro happened to be right there. My arrow jumped out of the only open place, which was a 4"by2" opening and went 1.5 feet and landed on the glass top, since then all holes have been pluged up other than a couple very small ones for air flow and my arro was about 6in at the time.

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
h20drg said:
since the main cause of aro's death is jumping. at what size should i be concern about my aro jumping out of its tank? at what size should i consider adding weights to the lids?
if you're asking about the size when it starts jumping, the answer is any size. smaller ones are actually more skillfull at jumping out esp if your tank is not properly covered or have a small opening.

larger ones are known to jump out by knocking over weighted items that's placed on tank covers. ;)

h20drg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2006
us
i didnt want to put weights on top of the cover if my 5 incer wouldnt able to knock the cover open. im gonna put weights anyways jus in case. tks guys

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store