Are they gonna do it? Now with pictures!

Ohboitony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2008
Houston

Male

Female

They been together for weeks now and no eggs yet. Her tube is out but I don't know when they are gonna be ready. Been waiting all week and no eggs! :(

Ohboitony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2008
Houston
i can tell from male and female. her tube is out and they always watch for that pot. male always watch out for the pot and never let anyone near it. so i hope soon cause my female belly is getting big.

Ohboitony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2008
Houston
Haha I know right. Well she laid today around 3pm. Its been 12 hours and looks to me he did a good job. All the eggs looks good and gonna move them tomorrow.

Ohboitony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2008
Houston
How do I move the good eggs from the bad eggs?

terminalMTS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
marysville,WA
if they are in the pot, i just pick up the whole pot and put it in another tank. add some meth blue to keep your eggs from growing fungus and put a slow moving airstone in there to move the water and simulate the mother fanning the eggs. that is how i do it.

Ohboitony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2008
Houston
Thanks man!! Next time I will do that. Only like 20 hatch today so hope next time it will be in the 100's1

Ohboitony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2008
Houston
My fry has eyes now. Still to small to take pictures but so damn cool! 1st fry so hope everything goes well!

terminalMTS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
marysville,WA
did you get some hikari first bites? it is powdered food that is small enough for newly hatched fry to eat. they are very small when they are first free swimming. i guess you could powder your own food though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store