platinum/snow?

h20drg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2006
us
i heard peeps talking bout a rare all white/platinum/snow arowana. i then saw a pic of a snow arowana @ http://www.arodynasty.com/Snow_Arowanas.htm and thought that shiet was sick. omg how fc*kn awesome is dat. :drool: i always thought asian arowanas are da badiest of them all but after i saw dat snow aro i had to reconsider. i always believe dat silver aros are more graceful but lack the colors and the larger defined scales of asian aros. but how can you beat the beauty an grace of a snow aro? to bad the chances of me coming across one is slim to none and even so i wouldnt be able to cough up enought chee$e to pay for one. But i couldnt forget what is saw this pass weekend. there's a new fish store that just recently open up in town so me na buddy decieded to ck it out. what i saw kinda shocked me. :WHOA: it was a baby jardini around 3 or 4", but what i cant believe is dat it was completely white. i was like it might be an albino but its eyes are not red. we were like whoa and fc*kd at the same time cuz it was already paid for. freakin eh!! dat sucks!! ive seen juv. jardini @ dat size before but dey were usually gold and much darker in color. my buddy insist that was a platinum jardini but ive never heard of such a thing. ive heard of a platinum/snow sa aro but not a aust. i was like what are the chances of coming across a platinum jardini and the lfs store selling it for only $45. dats common price of a jardini around here. something doesnt seem right here cuz it cant be real for dat price. but never the less it keeps lingering on my mind. then i came across a post here on mfk dat someone recently purchased a platinum sa aro. now this got me thinking dat maybe it might be a platinum jardini after all. i need your help to clear my head. pls help. :confused:

is it common for juv jardini to be pale or light i colors? what about white? i hear that aros get there colors as they mature. and my own jardini developed darker colors. ive seen juv. sliver aros that are lighter or pale as compared to the normal silver. but never a jardini. the one ive seen are usually gold or a darkiest pearl. where's da experts at. please help!!! :confused:

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
with selective breeding nowadays, who knows? maybe its a new strain but i wont count on seeing more of that in a regular basis. perhaps if aussie arowana breeding reach the same level of asian arowana breeding in singapore then maybe we could rely on finding defined varieties for the jardini and leichardti in the future. its possible and perhaps this is an area arowana fans in the US should take advantage of, asians being banned in the US.

the pale arowana you saw could be a snow or platinum indeed, but who knows really? but one thing i know, there have been records of red and gold jardinis so i guess anything is possible :)

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
That jardini is awsome.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Honda12 said:
That jardini is awsome.
the pic of the jardini is just over exposed it wouldnt be that white in the flesh

and at the end of the day that snow aro is just a silver aro people must be mad to pay that kind of money for a silver aro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store