slight jardini problem.

Gothyc_samurai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
Hull, UK
www.myspace.com
:( :( :( :( hi im growing these three baby jardini aros, in a 4 footer atm, there about 4" i took them out and moved them to a 5 footer, then i moved a 4 inch salvini male into the 4 footer, i watched him to see if he would settle in and then i saw id missed one of the jardinis, the salvini rushed up to it, grabbed it whole head its the salvinis mouth , then he spat it out and the aro had lost an eye. he swimming around a bit dazed now.. im not sure what to do, ive moved the salvini to another tank. and traeted the injured aro to a whole tank percentage amount of melafix, and given some blood worm. what can i do now? the lights are off.

any feed back would be grateful :WHOA: :swear:

Hasi

Go hard, or go home
MFK Member
May 30, 2005
Australia
Hopefully it can pull through. Dont know if it will make it though, usually most fish in these situations die but i hope yours has the will to go on.

Not much you can do really, damage is done so if it picks itself up then it will be fine. See how you go for a week.

Gothyc_samurai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
Hull, UK
www.myspace.com
thanks, he seems to be much more livelier than what he was before, i think hes stabilised and well see how he does through the night
threres just a XL plec in there with him now 12" gibby ;D

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Well the eye isn't going to grow back unfortunatley.

Fish can survive with one eye, you just have to make sure that they get their fare share of food. This is important when juvie.

Once they get bigger they are fine.

jimk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
coatesville, pa
Damage is done. One question, If you only had three, how do you miss one?

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
darn....hope the little fella is ok.

might have jumped out while in the net. they're good jumpers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store