arowana and oscars?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
It depends on the temperment of both fish, but I would wait untill they are bigger:)

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
dmopar74 said:
what would happen if i put a 6" arowana in with my 3" tiger oscar? would they be compatible?
You just never know. I have had RTBS in comm. tank, also had one be a bastard and chase everybody.

rtomber

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
Mobile,al
I have had an oscar and an arowana together for years and the oscar occasionally tries to intimidate the aro then the aro backs him down. They are compatable for the most part and they never seem to harm each other

dacox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2005
Illinois
I'd guess that they should do alright. No guarantees though as each fish has an individual tolerance for certain tankmates.

yuppa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
Ive had a 16" oscar with various size aro's (small to huge) for the last 6 years.

the oscar has never killed any arowana.

unfortunately, my 24" rtg killed my oscar recently, (oscar ate its favorite food - superworm, and the aro went nuts on him.. sigh)

Eric L

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2006
washington
I tried once and my oscars ate all the food put in the tank seconds after it was in there so my arrowana didnt really get alot of food and died. I tried sneaking it in the back of that tank and stuff but my oscars are smart when it comes to getting food.

sam_cj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
PH
i think both of them should do fine but you have to keep an eye on them for any sign of aggression.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store