Emergency NOW please help

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
My 17" silver is white and in trouble. I have a fairly new odyssea 4 ext canister
yesterday afternoon the lid blew off and with less than a few moments my tank was over have empty. Total loss 3/4 day after a 50 % water change, new water hadn't had time to sit. Filled tank with temp. matching well water. ph ok, tests all show ok chemically. He's white, laying on his side sometimes letting the current carry him. I watched one die for 14 hours once, this is how he looked at first.
Rebuilt canister and found it was defective, 2 plastics pieces snapped. (explains why they are cheap on ebay)

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope the aro gets well again. Now onto odyssea. Please do not buy anything from them. They used to be called Jebo. The reason? I heard from a very very good and close source they were being sued several times for fires to homes in texas and other states. The metal halide ballasts do not even have a grounding plug. There are all sorts of nightmares about them. Do a search about Jebo and you will see. Ok, well hope all will be well.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Only time will tell if your fish will make it. Good news? My LMB was in the same situation behaviorally and he came out of it and is doing fine.

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
pH in tank might differ from your well water. might result in pH shock.

crossing my fingers for your silver man. :(

yuppa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
Do you have a filter running right now at all??

airstone? powerhead?

Did you at least declorinate the new water you put into the tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store