Gold Saum X Jaugar and the book The Ever Changing Of Louhan

nubria6969

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2007
Quaker City,Ohio
Ive read so many threads about how Gold Saums and Green Terrors can not be crossed with anything to make a flowerhorn. Here is a book called The Ever Changing Of Louhan. It shows the mating secret of the Lo-Han the Original wild type and improved ciclids used to breed flowerhorns. it also shows the original type chiclids not used to improved in the past. So its still more choices to improve Lo-Han in Future. It shows alot of fish used today to make flowerhorns . If you look at the letter S you will see a Gold Saum Also if you look at the chiclids not used now you can see a green terror.

And here is my little guy. Mother is a Jaugar (cichlasoma managuense) and father is a Gold Saum (Aequidens sp. 'Gold Saum).

enjoy.:popcorn:

srikamaraja

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2007
Vernon, CT
I never realised flowerhorn genetics were so complex. I have to research the phylogenic relationship between all these cichlid species that allows their progeny to be viable...

It's as though a mad scientist wanted to combine all of the endearing and aesthetically pleasing attributes of every central american cichlid.

nubria6969

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2007
Quaker City,Ohio
he was like this on the day after Valentines Day

here is its big brother on Valentines Day

He was more blue /green and now he looks like what you see on the first post and wants to fight anything moving.I will get the pics of the parents up on here.
sorry for the dirty tank pics. I had too many flowerhorn and other hybrid babies in a forty gallon and now i have them in a 90 tall.and they are doing just fine with more space and better filtration.

lilfats2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Long Island
how much you want for it?

oHsNaP1337

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2008
CA
Managuense's aka Jaguar cichlids are not under the Cichlasoma classification, they are under Parachromis......

hailmike

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
reminds me of a amphilophus, with it's stripes like a festae. it's incredible looking though. i'll take one! haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store