Are fading FH look down on?

nooklid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
Port huron, Michigan
I have been reading some threads and people comments and its seem like faders get no love at all. I love the way jing kangs and other faders look IMO there a one of the best looking flowerhorns.I know it takes a while from them to come into there true form but i seen some good ones and its worth the wait. Alos i really dont see to many faders being sold on aquabid are people getting away from breeding them or what? can someone give me some give me something on whats going on thanks.

haloman02

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yonkers, NY
I'm not a big fan on Jin's I like their color's but not the face or fins. I don't like faded Red dragons either. Faded kamfa's are cool and so are red monkeys ( my fave fh's ) so yea i like faders just not all. And i by no means think faders are look down upon just personal preferance.

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
JKs have always been my favorite, but they are an old breed, the flowerhoners are always looking for something new instead of appreciating the old.

If you like JKs, who cares what everybody else thinks?

xiahaolong168

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
NEW YORK CITY
i like faders, but it seems to me many people don't like them because they just don't develop the kok like regular fh do. i have never seen a jk flowerhorn's kok the size of something like jp's last fish.

Mattyou

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Jax Fla.
Not all faders are JK tho, i have a Faded GM with a nice nugget head and my golden has a farkin huge nugget.

nooklid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
Port huron, Michigan
I can care less what other people think........ i am going to get one when i sell my dovii breeding pair. I always been i fan of the faders but it just seem like every ones else love the new types. Just was wondeing what happen to all the love or is there still peple out there who still like them.

Andrewtfw

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Maryland
Obviously I am biased, as my JK (avatar) was a fader. True, he does not have a large kok, but IMHO his colors rival that of many other FHs (especially other JKs I've seen). I understand that what I have is an "old breed" but from what I can tell, most people seem to have a red dragon these days and the old breeds seem less common. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the red dragon too. As others said, if you like it, get it.

midasman714

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
there's pros and cons w/ faders obviously but in the end, its your own personal preference.

most FH keepers like the stocky body w/ huge koks so they sway away from the faders.

i liked jin kangs when i first got addicted to FHs, which wasn't too long ago, but now i've fallen for the nice body shapes, pearls, etc of the tradition FHs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store