Thai FH Fry

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
So I just got my first ten Thai FH. Ten little Red Dragons that look great. A couple look like they might end up being short bodies. I got them from Flowerhorns from Beyond. They shipped them in from Thailand. Hopefully I get a stunner out of the batch. They are about 1"-1.5". Here are some pics right out of the bag.

fish3-13-09 012.jpg

fish3-13-09 013.jpg

fish3-13-09 014.jpg

fish3-13-09 015.jpg

VittleKing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2008
Ypsilanti, Michigan
looking good Rob. I hate to say it cause I'm a natural gravel guy too, but colored gravel, especially red will bring their colors out nicer. One of those bright colored coral reef backgounds helps also. I can't wait to see these fry in couple months, good pearls for such a small size too! I'll post mine up when they get bigger too. Glad you like them bro, I'll let you know when I order more, they will be cheap to reship to Flint with USPS, we just need it to warm up a little more.

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
VittleKing;2902017; said:
looking good Rob. I hate to say it cause I'm a natural gravel guy too, but colored gravel, especially red will bring their colors out nicer. One of those bright colored coral reef backgounds helps also. I can't wait to see these fry in couple months, good pearls for such a small size too! I'll post mine up when they get bigger too. Glad you like them bro, I'll let you know when I order more, they will be cheap to reship to Flint with USPS, we just need it to warm up a little more.

Yeah, I had that background laying around so I just slapped it on there. I have red gravel in my other FH tank already. I will ahve to buy some more red to mix in with the natural gravel. Let me know when you get more. I am very happy so far.

VittleKing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2008
Ypsilanti, Michigan
I'm glad more nice imported fish are in the area. Sooooooo many local bred low grade fish going around so a lot of people don't see what higher quality FH really look like. That one local that works at LFS and sells fry to a bunch of LFS has fry this size, and I've seen them in person, and the color is good but lack the pearls of these fish, and hopefully these will develop some nice heads on them too. But they are more than half the price of the fry I was just talking about depending on where you buy them, and they are 10000% nicer IMO because of all the pearls allready.

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Woke up this morning and checked on my new babies and they are awesome. Colors are brighter, ate sinking pellets and you can see a lot of personality in some of them. Unfortanely one of them lost part of its tail. The lower half got cropped off pretty short. Hopefully it grows back.

VittleKing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2008
Ypsilanti, Michigan
these are from Julie at flowerhornsfrombeyond.com. They are $5 a piece and her shipping is very reasonable. If you can get a few locals to go in on an order with you, it will make shipping even cheaper. She is shipping me an ILC golden base in a few weeks so I may pick up some more of these guys, they are looking great for such a small size. I'm amazed. Won't find better fish for $5 ANYWHERE IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store