breeding semi-faded RT and Devil

wiseman82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2008
Houston Tx.
I just put these two together last week, females breeeding tube has fully dropped today and she is acting very agro, hope to see eggs tomorrow, I am not sure if I will get any decent fry, I am mostly trying to see if she is fertile, if so then I am going to keep a batch of fry from this pair then breed her with my male Escondido and see what I get from both spawns. Keeping my fingers crossed. what do you guys think?

matts stuff 227.jpg

matts stuff 228.jpg

matts stuff 229.jpg

oHsNaP1337

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2008
CA
how long has that female RT been fading?

MidasMixer

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
So Cal
Female ain't too bad at all; she has lots of pearls. The out come should be good looking. This combo should increase the chance of getting faders with more red. Good luck!

wiseman82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2008
Houston Tx.
Woke up to tons of eggs this morning, really hoping they hatch, eggs look good right now. I dont even know where I'll put them if they do hatch, anyone know why my script is slanted now and how to fix it? I just bumped some keys and dont know what, weird.

Mattyou

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Jax Fla.
Check with Gokuson, he just had a SRT Female mate with a male Red Devil, not sure how big his fry are, might give you an idea of what they are going to look like.
The color and head of the male has a good chance of crossing over. I wish you luck and hope to see pics of the grow outs.

villainboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
detroit
how do you get them to breed with the divider in place, I keep hearing this is possible, but every breeding I done the fish were together but I have a Rd that I would love to try and breed with a Flowerhorn but afraid to let them mingle? Any suggestions? My RD is very aggressive.

villainboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
detroit
Just wanted to say I love your pic of the FH, gorgeous.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store