Finally my FH on film

Vinnielp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
Here is my guy. I've seen tons of posts on here where people put up pics of their FH and ask for it to be rated and as k what type it is. Well, my turn.

He is about 3.4 - 4" right now. The first pic was taken after 2 days in his new home...after living in a 5 gallon bucket for 3 days (w/ heat and filter). The second pic is 3 days later.

My Q's:

How does this guy rate, do you think he has the potential to be a high grade flower horn.

His father was Kamalau and mother was super red. Are these ZZ breeds or better/worse.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.
IMG_0185.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG

Mike fail

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2008
ponca city oklahoma
it has good potential, but im not good at telling what kind of kok it has, so it may have a nice one. a modern day kamalau is a zz, most people dont realize, like a red dragon is a zz. i would just call this a kamalau, as it looks like a kamalau, or you can call it a zzmalau

Vinnielp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
Mike fail;2918952; said:
it has good potential, but im not good at telling what kind of kok it has, so it may have a nice one. a modern day kamalau is a zz, most people dont realize, like a red dragon is a zz. i would just call this a kamalau, as it looks like a kamalau, or you can call it a zzmalau

Cool, thanks. I don't want to seem like an idiot by owning a cool fish and not knowing what it is called. It's good to know I was on the right track.

Danati

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2007
Ohio
I dont think he will peel but take good care of him and his pearls and color should come out nice. Nice ZZ bro............

Mike fail

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2008
ponca city oklahoma
yeah he wont peel, im almost positive. yeah just feed him really good food and keep up on the water changes, and he'll bloom

Vinnielp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
I'm hooked on flowerhorns. I know this guy is pretty common these days, but it's amazing to watch the changes he is growing through. Since being moved to his new home his color, size and kok improve daily.

It seems like He is developing a second row of flowers. You can kind of see it in the pics and it's improved since then.

Does anyone else have pics of their flowerhorn at a small siza and again at full grown? I would love to see it.

Vinnielp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
I thought it had been longer since I originally posted this thread because my FH has grown a lot. He's about 5.5" now. It's amazing how much can happen in less than 2 months.

IMG_0294.JPG
IMG_0299.JPG

midasman714

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
nice update man, he's looking alot better. keep up the good work!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store