ZZ x BP fry

nickbachman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2008
Minneapolis
This batch of fry started out with about 100, then tons of them died and all I have left are like 8 or 9 of them. Four of them really stand out (and are the only non-deformed fish, surprisingly).

Here are the parents.

And here are the little kamfa:

The first one, my favorite one because of his pearls and short, boxy body, and red eyes. He's around an inch:

The second fry, around 1.25 inches. He's got yellow eyes and really nice red pearly fins, and a coloration that looks like he might fade. He's also starting to get a hump.

The third fry, the biggest, around 1.5 inches. He's got some really shiny skin with a few pearls, and also has the coloration that looks like he might fade. Red eyes.

And the last one, probably the nicest one, around 1.25 inches. He's got a full flowerline, full body pearls, and some really really pearly fins and tail. The second picture just shows the pearls in the finnage. He has stress bars a lot because he's really easily scared. He's got white or maybe orange/yellow eyes.

If anyone has any ZZ x BP, I'd like to see em.

nickbachman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2008
Minneapolis
I got a couple of parrotish ones, one looks like a total BP, the other has a twisted tail and weird closing mouth. He actually has really nice coloration though.:naughty:

aquatic_wonders

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2007
SOCAL
congrats on your frys good luck in raising them!

twk1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Home
Wow.. congrats... They look good already!! Soooo... the fry's are considered Bonsai's?? or Killins??

Jory

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
las vegas, NV
twk1;2925734; said:
Wow.. congrats... They look good already!! Soooo... the fry's are considered Bonsai's?? or Killins??
kamfas, actually.
terminalMTS;2934676; said:
it is hard to believe that there are not alot of short bodied fry. they are looking good.
it's weird, body shape and kok are supposed to come mostly from the male's side, and color and pearling come from the female's side. in most kamfa breedings i see, there are no sb fry. but in some, they get extremely short bodied fry similar to that of a kilin and a decent amount of sb's. i suppose it depends on whats in the male and how it mixes with the parrot in the female.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store