my hybrid project

fhcruiser

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
maryland and philippines
i got this fish this morning, it was labelled "lyonsi cichlid", i saw her beside the tank of huge jd trying to spawn and her tube is down already, do you think it would be interesting if i try to breed her to a flowerhorn? is this cross done already? here is the picture, she has intense red colors and some oranges and greens, what do you think guys?

Mattyou

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Jax Fla.
Im not sure if it has been done before or not. Very pretty little girl though. I would be scared for my male with her, they can be nasty indeed.

Mattyou

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Jax Fla.
Man thats a pretty male. I hope they get along. Can I get an update on ur fry from his first spawns with the other female.

fhcruiser

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
maryland and philippines
the kamalau fry are doing great matt, about a hundred, the pair is also getting ready to breed again, maybe tomorrow they will have eggs again(lol),

this lyonsi will be our next project, looks like she has good flowerline (lol), dreaming of a malau lyonsi hybrid soon

Mattyou

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Jax Fla.
I really like how that Male of yours is turning out man. Your doing good with him.
She should compliment him with her colors and flower line for sure. Should make for a really interesting combo.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store