bigger arowana sticks???

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
hey everyone my new black aro loves hikari pellets but they are so damn small.. I also have the tetra sticks that are bigger but he won't eat them. are there any other HIGH QUALITY arowana sticks that are bigger in size? I just can't see this guy eating a 3/8" tiney food stick when he's 20" long and if he doesn't eat fast they just end up in my overflow.. help me out here guys.. thanks

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Here are stick foods that my aro enjoys. His favorite is the Azoo arowana sticks. But, he'll eat all three foods. I least prefer the JumboMin because, of the 3, this food does not contain spirulina or the level of vitamins contained in the aro specific foods. The spirulina and vitamins have shown themselves to improve the immune systems of aros and reduce the risk of HITH.

arosticks.jpg

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
And out of the 3 sticks, Jumbo min breaks easily and can cloud up your water.
I understand what you mean about hikari sticks, they are small . Maybe you could put a stocking over your overflow so that the stick doesnt get sucked in.

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
I have seen some other aro sticks on ebay that are from the asian countries, does anyone have any experiance with these? also how do the azoo sticks compare to the hikari sticks in size? I agree with the points made about the tetra sticks also I don't think they taste good. I can't get anything to eat them.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I bought a pond floating feeding ring and use it in reverse. I cut enough away to fit around the overflow and use loose-fitting nylon zip-ties to hold the ring against and around the overflow. This keeps the sticks on the outside of the ring and gives the aro time to feed instead of losing the food to the filter.

feedring.jpg

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Good tip ! is this "guard" attached to the overflow full time? If it is, does surface film
and small floating particles still get sucked into the wet dry?

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
great thanks for the tip. I am still searching for a larger stick though. i will let you know what I find

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
redtailfool said:
Good tip ! is this "guard" attached to the overflow full time? If it is, does surface film
and small floating particles still get sucked into the wet dry?
It cleans up easily. And, I take it off on 'non-feed' days. This is basically how it's set in front of the overflow.

feedring.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store