Ugly duckling

JPlikewoah

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2005
Mc Donalds
Ugliest one from the previous batch of frys, stayed pitch black, super long body and had no similarities with other 150+ frys. Threw him in the community tank and forgot about him ever since.

Pics with flash, without it he's BLACK.

JPlikewoah

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2005
Mc Donalds
3.5"

3.5-3.75"

Tank he's currently cycling:

Not bad at all for being the ugliest one of the batch:) I will continue on updating his progress until the tank is fully cycled and decide what to put in it:headbang2

Jory

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
las vegas, NV
im surprised his fins stayed that nice while being in with other fish, he's nice. not too much color, but great fins and i like his shape.

terminalMTS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
marysville,WA
i got some black fry from breeding my kamfas. i thought it meant that they were going to fade. hmm. he is turning out nice. already showing decent head.

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Nice..

Probably feels like he's swimming in an ocean in that tank.. lol

nickbachman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2008
Minneapolis
Wow, he looks really cool! His face sure looks like it shortened up, that's nice. His body looks really iridescent, I bet he's cool to watch swim around under the light. That gives me hope for a similar looking kamfa fry I have from my batch. Looking forward to the next update!

JPlikewoah

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2005
Mc Donalds
terminalMTS;2981353; said:
i got some black fry from breeding my kamfas. i thought it meant that they were going to fade. hmm. he is turning out nice. already showing decent head.
I guess from a kamfa batch, there's always a couple of these uglies then:D KOK is getting bigger everyday as he gets more aggressive to other tank mates. He will have to go soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store