Blue Arowana

Jbol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2006
Washington
LFS has a Blue Arowana for $300.00. Kind of looks like a Black Aro but when it's under the lights you can see the blue in him kind of cool. Alot of money but if I didn't have my Jardini I would have to think about it. Anybody know anything about them? Are they hard to come by?

BTW I love my Jar truely a beautiful fish. :D

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
blue aro is another name for black aro. 300 is a bit extreme however for a black aro. I wouldn't pay that much for one

yuppa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
Yeah no such thing as blue aro..

How big it?

I agree with previous post.. Definately black aro

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
the so caled blue aros are just black aros that are not from brazil i think it may be columbia.
normal blacks do get some blue in them but these so called blues do tend to have a lot more blue on the fins.
it may not last in the aquarium though as it is probably down to the native water.
they are also not worth the extra money its a bit of a con imo selling for 3 times the cost

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
offer him $150 straight and tell him he's lucky to get that

rottbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
West Des Moines, Ia
ok think i am wrong but i am not and i am not going to get into a huge debate about this was just trying to tell the truth and most "blues" that you see for sale are not the true blues just blacks they do exist but only in their native waters i am done with this thread and for a good size black $300 is not to bad of a price

Jbol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2006
Washington
Well I mostly see the blue on the scales and it's in his eyes too, a little bit in the fins, but it wouldn't surprise me this lfs always has been high with their prices.

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
i hope nobody here would be willing to pay 300 dollars for a black aro unless it were absolutely monster

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Yeah it is probably just a regular black. Not really worth that much IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store