baby arowana

baracuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
SoCal
today i bought a baby aro about 2 inches. It does not have the egg sac still attached so i bought it. they said if it has the egg sac it is more vulnerable. This one is in a 10 gallon until it gets about 5-6inches so i can move him to the big tank because right now i know my big fish will eat him....it happened before. Anyone know how long it will take to get 5-6inches in a 10g and what to feed it? I have blood worms and guppy feeders right now. thanks

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
I would use a bigger tank for a grow out tank. Blood worms are ok, but I would get him onto some kind of pellet or freeze dried food. I used ocean plankton for mine when they were that size. In good conditions, with a high protein diet you can expect about 1 inch per month. 10 gallon could cause for some minor problems once they hit the 4 inch mark, but it is doable, jsut not recommended.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
baracuda said:
today i bought a baby aro about 2 inches. It does not have the egg sac still attached so i bought it. they said if it has the egg sac it is more vulnerable. This one is in a 10 gallon until it gets about 5-6inches so i can move him to the big tank because right now i know my big fish will eat him....it happened before. Anyone know how long it will take to get 5-6inches in a 10g and what to feed it? I have blood worms and guppy feeders right now. thanks
damnit use the search key in the friggin menu bar

sam_cj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
PH
WyldFya said:
I would use a bigger tank for a grow out tank. Blood worms are ok, but I would get him onto some kind of pellet or freeze dried food. I used ocean plankton for mine when they were that size. In good conditions, with a high protein diet you can expect about 1 inch per month. 10 gallon could cause for some minor problems once they hit the 4 inch mark, but it is doable, jsut not recommended.
:thumbsup:

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I second what the others said :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store