SRT X kamalau

hondas3000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2008
BC, Canada
This is my first quality crossing and it seem success. I thought the male is infertile since he is an import fish from maylaysia farm, I have try 2 other female before but I guess those female is small for him and they didn't put up a good fight so its never work out.

I start to introduce them when the female is about to laid eggs and they start to fight right a way.

About 5 hours later they stop fight and the female is laying her eggs.

I am 99% sure its success because during the female laid eggs the male anal also stick out very long and he did fertile the eggs. As I remove the plate both attack my hand, especially the red texas.

oHsNaP1337

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2008
CA
Congrats, can't wait to see how the fry will turn out....

hondas3000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2008
BC, Canada
Thanks everyone, I hope they will turn out faded with kok. As long as they have male body and female color then I am all good. But its all good since female is SRT. Now I have to house them till 3" so I can tell how they look like. Take forever for fry to get to 3" :(.

hondas3000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2008
BC, Canada
Another result of infertile male that import from Malaysia farm. The male did his job just nothing in him to fertile the eggs. This prove that the farm did use chemical him the fish so it can be infertile. I hate farm now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store