How long until new aro eats?

xxblwn408

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
iN A sMALL pADDeD RoOm
My new aro i got from a friend has not eaten since thursday. Aro is about 6" at the moment. Previous owner said she was eating mealworms and crickets so I picked up both. She ate one cricket yesterday, but now shows no interest.

I'm kind of worried and want her to eat. I went and got some feeders just to see if she wanted some. NOPE.

I never had and aro that didn't want to eat.
What should I do next?

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
No worries, its probably just stressed from the move. Don't use feeder, they aren't very good for the aro. After a week if it is still not eating then I would start worrying.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
xxblwn408 said:
My new aro i got from a friend has not eaten since thursday. Aro is about 6" at the moment. Previous owner said she was eating mealworms and crickets so I picked up both. She ate one cricket yesterday, but now shows no interest.

I'm kind of worried and want her to eat. I went and got some feeders just to see if she wanted some. NOPE.

I never had and aro that didn't want to eat.
What should I do next?
my aro ate right after i put her in my tank

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

They can go quite a while without food. Just give it a little more time :)

sam_cj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
PH
give him more time to adjust on his new environment. a few more days and he'll be eating again like a pig.

xxblwn408

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
iN A sMALL pADDeD RoOm
Whew, I put some feeders in the tank and it must have jump started her taste buds back up. She didn't eat any feeders since they swam over onto the other side of the divider and got whacked by my silver, but as soon as I tried more crickets. WHAM she hits them like she never ate before.

xxblwn408

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
iN A sMALL pADDeD RoOm
zennzzo said:
good to hear your aro is eating again...try some Hikari floating carniviore sticks. then add the live stuff as treats. read about them here:http://www.hikariusa.com/food_sticks.htm

Thanks, I am SOOOOOOOOO glad she is eating now. I have been stressing and have been grump the last few days. (so my wife says:D )

I already have some Hikari sticks. I will be trying some as soon as she put on some weight and is eating everything i throw in the tank.

Seriously though, it's like a weights been lifted off of me.:woot:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store