Idea's Quick? Exterminating house, ? Fish

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
They're exterminating my house for rattlesnakes (outside underneath) and wasps (old cut off chimney) So not directly into my house. They said take animals and people out for 5 hours. How long will my tank 55 gal hold air if I seal it off airtight? Is 5 hrs too long? Happening soon, anyone know? OK I accept educated guesses too!?:eek: :swear: :confused:

Hasi

Go hard, or go home
MFK Member
May 30, 2005
Australia
If the filter(s) are running then it should be ok but i would add a air stone or get a air pump going for aeration.

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
Oh yeah, and dont forget to remove all the food items and nets and stuff like that, just throw them in a box and take them with you outside the house. I learned the hard way, I lost a ray and an aro that way. Clean everything when you go back in, I mean everything, make sure there are no dead bugs that can fall inthe tank afterwards eaither. Vaccuum all around on top and around the tank and then wash down.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
meiling said:
They're exterminating my house for rattlesnakes (outside underneath) and wasps (old cut off chimney) So not directly into my house. They said take animals and people out for 5 hours. How long will my tank 55 gal hold air if I seal it off airtight? Is 5 hrs too long? Happening soon, anyone know? OK I accept educated guesses too!?:eek: :swear: :confused:
your fish are toast unless you move the tank out of the house.

the gas whether large quantity or not will diffuse into the water

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
I'd take no chances...syphon off into those totes and save the water. get it all outside the tented area and away from the poison...it won't take much of that to kill GuKan...
What chemicals are they going to use?

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
rottbo said:
just drop your water level a little seal the top of the tank completely and have a powerhead moving water it will bve fine for 5 hours but i wuold leave it on for atleast 8 then clean the crap outa everything before you unseal the top thats all i did and i didnt lose fish when my house was bombed for fleas
how is that going to work??

think about it

the tank is gonig to be sealed air tight

a powerhead wont do anything as there is no incomnig air from the atmosphere that is needed to help in keepnig the water airated.

your tank was probably much large than a 55 and could hold its own alittle while long

a 55 gal is too small to keep stable especially if you have an arowana in it

your best bet would be to move the tank outside for alittle bit, and its only a 55, not that big.

rottbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
West Des Moines, Ia
well if you drop the tank water you will have enough air trapped in the top to run a hose from your powerhead to suck the clean air in it works i have done it why would i say that it works if i havent done it..........man people are so negative on this site sometimes and dont want to consider different ideas..... and by the way he is in the mountains so there is really no other good way to do it
oh and i did it on my 110 two 55s a 29 three 10s and my ponds it works be more openminded you dont always know best just like i dont always know best but this works

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store