driftwood keeps on floating!!

paltik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Metro Manila
how do you keep them tied down?

i have a 2-kilo driftwood and i thought i won't have any problems with this one floating to the surface.. until i filled the tank with water then... it still floated damnit!!

is there a way to keep it from floating?

thanks

paltik said:
how do you keep them tied down?

i have a 2-kilo driftwood and i thought i won't have any problems with this one floating to the surface.. until i filled the tank with water then... it still floated damnit!!

is there a way to keep it from floating?

thanks

hi pal this shows that the piece of wood is still not mature. there's two way you can do it

1. seen now you have already put it in the tank, then use some thing thats heavy to press onto it. in time to come it will sink. but a little draw back on this is if the wood is in mature it'll make the tank water looks brown.

2. take the wood out soak it in a pail., boil hot water and pour over it and soak it for at least a week or even sometime longer to a month to get it to sink.

keep cool and keep trying!

BDawg364

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Milledgeville/Alpharetta
You could try tieing i down with fishing line, and after is soaks for a week or so It may not need to be tied down any longer. I have a piece I like to float that I use occasionally, and I like to to float so have to take it out for a couple days every couple of weeks. Just try to tie/weogh it down, and it should stay after a while.

fishyboi

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
HERE
Just put rocks or some kind of wieght to hold it down for a while, eventually it will stay down

Hakon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
Son, Norway
Yeah place something at it and afterwards it will absorb the water and it won't float up anymore.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Glue a rock to it

STAR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2006
West
You could tie a piece of those weigh which people use for fishing. Tie a few pieces to let it sink then after tat, once it sank, then remove all the weighs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store