Jardini Aggression

milk_and_mallard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2005
san diego
Hey, have a question for anyone who's owned or currently owns a jardini.
I was thinking of getting one. But i wanted to put it in my community tank with some medium sized cichlids; frontosas, trout cichlid, electric blues. None of the fish are smaller than 5 inches. I've heard about how much more aggressive jardinis can be as opposed to say silvers. I've had a silver in there before with no problems. However, i don't want him to pick on the other fish, nor eat them. Is this safe? Or should i go back to maybe a more docile silver. I would like to hear if any other mfk members who own jardinis keep theirs with other fish. Thanks for your responses. Do appreciate.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I would not recommend keeping a jardini with the fish you intend to keep it with.

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
they get nasty sometime post 8 inches.

They seem completely cool until then. So you'll be thinking "not all jardinis are bad, mine is fine" then one day it'll turn and start ripping all your fish up.

Only keep jardinis with other high end large aggressive predators.

Opiate

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Where eva theres Cichla!!!
my jardini is that aggressive now that even i cant approach the tank without it wanting to eat me!! i'm real scared to put my hand in atm...and it's only 12 inches!!

milk_and_mallard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2005
san diego
Much thanks for the info and your experience.

rumblesushi said:
they get nasty sometime post 8 inches.

They seem completely cool until then. So you'll be thinking "not all jardinis are bad, mine is fine" then one day it'll turn and start ripping all your fish up.

Only keep jardinis with other high end large aggressive predators.

milk_and_mallard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2005
san diego
Thanks for your feedback, i'll just stick to a silver then. By the way, i would love to see some pics, you should post some.

Opiate said:
my jardini is that aggressive now that even i cant approach the tank without it wanting to eat me!! i'm real scared to put my hand in atm...and it's only 12 inches!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store