silver arowana

baracuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
SoCal
I got an arowana about 2" and it seems to be doing fine. I got him eating beefheart and guppies but i was wondering what else i should feed him to grow quickly. I have frozen krill but he won't take it...any suggestions? thanks.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
baracuda said:
I got an arowana about 2" and it seems to be doing fine. I got him eating beefheart and guppies but i was wondering what else i should feed him to grow quickly. I have frozen krill but he won't take it...any suggestions? thanks.
I use freeze dried krill, and Hikari Cichlid gold. He should take the frozen krill, but that is going to be a little big for him right now. Starve him and offer the foods you want him to eat, if he doesn't eat it take it out and try again later in the day or the next day. Eventually he will eat what you are offering him.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
baracuda said:
I use freeze dried krill, and Hikari Cichlid gold. He should take the frozen krill, but that is going to be a little big for him right now. Starve him and offer the foods you want him to eat, if he doesn't eat it take it out and try again later in the day or the next day. Eventually he will eat what you are offering him.

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
be sure you feeders aren't "fatty", mine's eaten hikari carnivore pellets, color enhancing, and you can get crickets small med or lg, feed them powdered hikari pellets and grate a carrot for the crickets to eat before you feed them to your aro. (Carrot provides moisture)

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
meiling said:
be sure you feeders aren't "fatty", mine's eaten hikari carnivore pellets, color enhancing, and you can get crickets small med or lg, feed them powdered hikari pellets and grate a carrot for the crickets to eat before you feed them to your aro. (Carrot provides moisture)
as well as carotene which will enhance the red in your aro.

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
baracuda said:

your current diet is already good enuff. he'll grow really fast.

kaix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2005
Singapore 牛 车 水
baracuda said:
Bro just feed it with meal worm will do

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store