beefheart recipe

edotero

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2006
Long Island, NY
In a few posts I have seen people mention a beefheart recipe, I did a search on the site and could not find it.
Sorry if I am missing something, but any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I basically put beefheart into a blender (amount is up to you) along with zucchini and peas.

I then blend it up into a mixture and the place it in bags. I freeze the bags flat on the freezer floor and there you have it.

You just made your own beefheart mix :)

You can add other stuff to the mix but that is all I like to add.

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
It's great for Oscars :D

There is no exact recipe. Everybody's seems to be a little different. Its all up to you what you put in, but this is what i do:

Beefheart (fresh)
Chicken livers (fresh)
uncooked prawns (fresh)
shelled peas
chopped frozen spinach
good quality pellets (Omega One)
vitamins
and i add a couple drops garlic guard

I use a food processor to make everything into a paste. Then mix it all together and add a little knox gelatin to bind.
Then i put small amounts in plastic baggies, flatten them and put them in the freezer.
You can just measure everything according to how many fish you have and how often you feed.

When it comes time to feed i just break off chunks. If i need smaller pieces, i just wet with water to soften a little and cut smaller pieces.

My Ornate doesnt eat it, he just likes worms so far.
But my Oscar,JD and Loisellei go totally bonkers for the stuff.
It does get messy and the Oscar blows some through his gills, so you may have to step up the water changes. It also makes them grow like weeds when they're small. I know many people that use this recipe for their Discus. Its good stuff.

I use my fish as proof that its good stuff. They are vibrant and healthy

michael

Tri-State Fish Hoarder
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Dirty Jersey
I would like to know to but that is not the one I saw.

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
michael said:
I would like to know to but that is not the one I saw.
Well, like i said. Everyone's recipe seems to vary. You just go with the method, but you can add your own ingredients.
Thats just my own recipe. Most Beefheart Recipes have Beefheart, and a vegetable of some sort and vitamins.
Its up to you. :thumbsup:

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Its perfect for oscars.

Everyones recipe differs. Mine is just a very basic one. As you can see in the end it practically is just beefheart LOL

I don't even know what the zucchini does for the fish. But I mainly feed this to GG because they need the vege in their diet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store