headbanger #3

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
My silver aro learned a new trick. It's very bad, when he sees me coming to the tank he waits in ambush and the minute I start to lift the lid to feed, clean or whatever he tries to jump out-1st time I put up my hand and his nose hit my hand but it knocked him back in the tank. Now every time I approach he tries to shoot out when I lift the lid. He's extremely aggressive about it. Idea's on breaking this habit? Fishy psychology.:naughty: :screwy: :wall:

water parameters are good, he's healthy, there's no problem I can see, he's just being an aro brat.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Give him a good talking to.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Yeah a hood is a good idea. Try using a feeding prong to feed him. You can also get him to follow the food, or stalk it even.

fishnthings

" id rather be a goldfish "
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
i agree with the hood idea... but maybe you could tape it:naughty: sounds pretty funny too me:D

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
The 150 being the 60"x18" footprint? The Aro probably wants more swimming space..

From reading this forum and others and seeing so many "RIP My Aro" threads, I have came to the conclusion that you need more room than presumed for these guys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store