Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2006
Australia
Here's a pic of a Black Dragon

it looks awesome :headbang2
interesting head shape too
does anyone have one ?
know what its L number is and or scientific name ?

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Acanthicus Adonis.. L155? That is off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that is what it is..

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Looks like an adonis pleco to me too.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
It is definitely not an A. Adonis, due to the uniform, spots that fully cover the body. By the way miles L155 is Acanthicus Hystrix. A. Adonis hasn't been labeled with an L yet. I have seen these before, but can't think of the species. I will have to do some research... I'll get back to you soon.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Ok so what I came up with is the possibility of either L240 Leporacanthicus sp. aff. galaxias. Either that or L282 Pseudacanthicus sp., but it is hard to tell based on the picture. Can you post a side view picture, over head, or mouth picture. That will definitely tell me whether or not it is one of these, or A. Adonis... However based on the picture given the snout is too narrow, and the dots are too uniform to be A. Adonis.

gollum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2006
Australia
thanks for the interest
I'm leaning towawds the galaxias... its the long wedge shaped head that's unusual

don't have any other pic's sorry

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
watsonboyd said:
id Acathicus hystrix
thats what i reckon.

Bones
A. Hystrix have no spots, and wide snouts. This pleco has spots, and a narrow snout. The spots are way to organized for and A. Adonis. L. gen. sp. Galaxias has the spots organized, and the narrow snout. However, it is hard to tell because there are newer species coming out all the time.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
gollum said:
Here's a pic of a Black Dragon

it looks awesome :headbang2
interesting head shape too
does anyone have one ?
know what its L number is and or scientific name ?
The other thread you started had a link in it with a good picture of the King galaxy pleco, or L. gen. sp. Galaxias here it is

king_of_-galaxy4377.jpg

king_of_-galaxy4415.jpg

king_of_-galaxy4416.jpg

king_of_-galaxy4421.jpg

king_of_-galaxy4425.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store