Is toad bad for my aros?

plasticknife

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2005
singapore
My aros have been eating quite a number of toads recently due to the rainy days. is it bad for them? one of the silver aro is redish, orangy in color is it a freak?

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
plasticknife said:
My aros have been eating quite a number of toads recently due to the rainy days. is it bad for them? one of the silver aro is redish, orangy in color is it a freak?
Depends of the toad, if it has any toxins could be a problem. The red color is natural to Silver aros. As they grow older they will lose a lot of this, but the tail might hold some red even into adulthood.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Yeah I would be carful as to what kind you are feeding.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I don't think thats a good thing bro.

sam_cj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
PH
plasticknife said:
if you just caught them outside your garden then i would suggest to stop feeding it to your aros as they might have some disease. you may try feeder frogs instead if you want to. you can check your local lfs if they have any.

DrBranDo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2006
Canada
that's scary.
but people in Asia feeds frogs and that's totally fine because they are bred for feeding???
or toad's not poisonous?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store