Royal Pleco

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
i just bought a royal pleco it is the same size as my flower horn....i was just wondering if the pleco will do anything harmful to my flower horn...i don't mind to much if the flower horn picks on the pleco but i don't want it the other way around in the least bit...Ne info on these guys would be great:thumbsup:

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
the flowerhorn should be fine royals are usually only aggressive to other plecos

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
RobD23 said:
i just bought a royal pleco it is the same size as my flower horn....i was just wondering if the pleco will do anything harmful to my flower horn...i don't mind to much if the flower horn picks on the pleco but i don't want it the other way around in the least bit...Ne info on these guys would be great:thumbsup:
lol id post this question in the flowerhorn section, we dont want to here about mistreated plecos :grinno: j/k the pleco wont bother the flowerhorn, long as they aren't crampt. i duno how agressive flowerhorns are or much about them, as theyre a lot of money and im not a hybrid fan, but would like to see the panaque. how big is it exactly???

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
If you keep the pleco well fed, you won't have any problems. Royals can be aggressive toward other fish, especially if underfed. This is rare however, and usually they would take aggression out on other bottom feeders that are competing for the same food.

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Should be fine as long as the FH doesn't try to stick his proboscus into the Royals business. I can't recall ever seeing a pleco chase a fish unless it got too close to its territory.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
loach43 said:
Should be fine as long as the FH doesn't try to stick his proboscus into the Royals business. I can't recall ever seeing a pleco chase a fish unless it got too close to its territory.
I had a huge Common that would swim the top of the tank, and drop onto a fish and suck it to death, but that guy was at least 22". Also had a bristlenose that would attack anything that swam on the bottom of the tank.

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Your plecos are evil :eek:

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Wyldfyas pleco>>:nutkick:<<all other fish