SPIDERS....CAN I FEED?

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
its summer and theres an epidemic of big ass spiders in the neighborhood. can i feed these to my dragon? i tried feeding some small jumping spiders when he was smaller and my fish loved it. but this time, these spiders are huge orb weavers, anyone wanna answer this question?:drool:

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I wouldn't do it.

There really is no need to anway...

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
wow. this is the first time i come accross spiders as food. could be dangerous for you to catch it. :)

but over here we also feed them centipeedes.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
xrtg said:
wow. this is the first time i come accross spiders as food. could be dangerous for you to catch it. :)

but over here we also feed them centipeedes.
exactly my point, i mean if we can feed them centipedes that are clearly dangerous, then maybe we could do the same for spiders. i saw this show on the discovery channel where a huge silver jumped 4 feet in the air and clamped its jaws on a huge spider. that sparked the itch in me to try and feed spiders. the spiders im meaning are not that dangerous, theyre garden orb weavers. i know all spiders are venomous, but so are centipedes and centipedes are feistier too! well maybe as soon as i can muster enough guts, i know my dragons dont need any encouraging, they gobble anything alive i dump in their tanks.

I KNOW I DONT NEED TO, BUT EY...... ARE WE MONSTERFISHKEEPERS OR NOT !!!?????

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
well i don't know if its safe for you to do so. but if feed centipeeds are ok why not spiders?

sam_cj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
PH
bro still not safe even if it's garden spider. i have an experience where i saw a native fowl ate a small spider crawling on the ground then after a few minutes his body begin to shake then suddenly drop dead. the spider might have stepped on something toxic (e.g. chemical fertilizer) attached to his hairly legs which poisoned the chicken when he tried swallowed it. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store