sitting on the bottom

lookyloo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
moving
ever since my arowana got to have the tank to its self except for 3 pleco i notice it like to lay on the bottom alot and for long periods of time, i know its not sick, it eats well (mainly crickets) i just kind of find that this behavior is sort of wild for a fish that normally swims around, anyone else have an arowana that does this? i'll post some pics later

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
mine does this once in a while (24"+), mainly after water changes....is there anything that mat be stressing it? If it is random I wouldnt worry about it. Both of my arowanas do it on occasion.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Maybe get him some dithers, Bala Sharks or Silver Dollars.

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
min are 17" silver does this too, I think he's just resting, he's healthy, eats well, etc. He did it more when I had too much current, her was tired, so I changed the tank so he has an area with no current moving him. When mine aro isn't well, I notice his body turns whitish, that's a danger sign he is too distressed.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
One of my aros does this quite regularly, I believe, but am not certain, that it is caused by stress only. All the other aros are fine, but one just lays on the bottom. Especially when I stand next to the tank for extended periods of time, or when someone other than me goes up to the tank.

DrBranDo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2006
Canada
maybe cause it's still shy. or check water parameters and temparature.
how long you had it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store