tankmate for aro

atr-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2006
usa
i bought an aro and an ornate bircher about 2 months ago. the aro is currently 6 in. the ornate is about 4-5 in

I want to get more fish to put in the tank but am having trouble finding some good fish... Does anybody have any good suggestion for tankmates that would not cause any problems with the current residents.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Yeah, knowing what kind would help.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
parrots would be good for any kind but knowing the variety of aro could really bring us to more specific suggestions

Star-Flog

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
SINGAPORE
atr- said:
i bought an aro and an ornate bircher about 2 months ago. the aro is currently 6 in. the ornate is about 4-5 in

I want to get more fish to put in the tank but am having trouble finding some good fish... Does anybody have any good suggestion for tankmates that would not cause any problems with the current residents.
For the tankmates, big Royal pleco is a perfect choice and good partner in the tank

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
I would not recommend doing that, as the royal will be likely to suck the slower swimming Bichir's slime coat off.

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
WyldFya said:
I would not recommend doing that, as the royal will be likely to suck the slower swimming Bichir's slime coat off.
Eeeewwww...that sounds pretty nasty! Suck, slime, yuck!!! :naughty:

dan89schmidt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
Mississippi
I keep a common pleco at 17in. and a shovel nose at 8in. and a choclate citfish at 2in. and they all seem to do fine together...and the silver aro is abtou 14 in.

dacox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2005
Illinois
Geos, dats, silver dollars, etc.... tons of possibilities. I'd check out other people's pics if you need more ideas. Some aros are more aggressive though, so, like they said, it would help to know what kind it is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store