pike cichlid,
6 silver dollars,
tiger oscar.

Tankmates are a
senegal bichir,
4 small clown knives, 4", 1 6"
2 green severums,
2 firemouths

The arowana didn't make it through the night. He was gone in the morning. He was about 2-3 inches. No sign of him anywhere. I lost one of the silver dollars too. This morning I caught the bichir with a silver dollar in its mouth. I took all the silvers out and have them in a 15 gallon by themselves. The silvers are pretty small. I thought round enough to not look like a meal to anyone. That's what I get for thinking. I'll keep em in the 15 gallon for a couple months to plump em up and try again.

I'm assuming the larger clown or the bichir ate the aro. I was so bummed. $$ out the window. The little aro even ate a couple tiny pellets his first hour in the tank. All the excitement of my future monster out the window. I can't get the aro's locally either, I had to mail order. So, price of fish and the whopping shipping charge wasted! I might drive to a bigger city (100) miles each way to get another. I talked to a couple shops in that area yesterday. They have a 2'. Way too big right now for my other fish. They also have one they said is an easy 4-5". I'de have to size him up myself and decide wether to put it in the big tank or in the 15 gallon with the silvers. Just for a couple months to get some beef on him.

I was having trouble getting the clown knives and them dying. They come into the LFS at 2-3 inches in rough shape. So, I wound up with 3 babies hoping at least 1 or 2 would make it. Then I went to a fish auction and bid on the slightly bigger clown because of it's beautiful markings. I know I will only be able to keep one of these, possibly two down the road.

I guess if you have suggestions that fine, really just needed to vent a bit. I didn't even get the chance to get a pic of the aro. My first time with one. Not giving up hope though!

Dave

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Unlucky,

Sorry to hear :(

fishnthings

" id rather be a goldfish "
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
well sorry for your loss and i hope it will all work out for you later on down the road

you bid on a clown knife at a fish auction?... thats something i wouldnt think you would get at a fish auction but cool

silveraro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2006
Minnesota
I lost my first two silver Aros within the first couple months of owning them. I now have my 3rd and he has grown to a beautiful 12''.
My point is don't give up.

dan89schmidt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
Mississippi
bummer man...sorry bout the loss

DrBranDo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2006
Canada
sorry to hear about your losss.
try to get bigger aro like 5 inches if you can afford.

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
Sorry to hear about that. What a way to start the weekend....:cry: :rip

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
sorry about your loss. don't give up. i had lost many aros and they cost me a lot too. in the end the attraction to aros kept me in this hobby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store