suggested companions

knickwight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2005
coatesville
i've got a baby silver aro about 2 inches long by himself in a 20g long (just until he grows up a little, i know how big they get). being all by himself, he is kind of skittish. i was just wondering what suggestions anyone might have as to a companion or two to make him less nervous.

JardiniBoy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Taipei
www.reddragons.sc
knickwight said:
i've got a baby silver aro about 2 inches long by himself in a 20g long (just until he grows up a little, i know how big they get). being all by himself, he is kind of skittish. i was just wondering what suggestions anyone might have as to a companion or two to make him less nervous.
How about throwing in some feeder fish?

Or you could go with a few clown loaches/cherry barbs/zebra danios...

:thumbsup:

JB

johnnylaw1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
Indianapolis, Indiana
You have so many options for a temporary tankmate, bards, dianos, guppies, african knife, cory cats, the list goes on and on, try small fish and see what happens. Im sure some one will be able to give you more advice, this is just my sugestion

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
anything thats not very agressive should be fine. I second the cory cat/clown loach idea.

i would obviously move him out of the 20 before he could eat them, but they would make good tank mates. a few neon tetras would look cool too :grinyes:

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Nothing that is skittish itself, no bala sharks, no pangasius cats. Angelfish make good tankmates, neon tetras would look cool for the few days they were alive.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
Nothing that is skittish itself, no bala sharks, no pangasius cats. Angelfish make good tankmates, neon tetras would look cool for the few days they were alive.
agree. nothing that swims really fast and brushes past your aro in dashes at frist. when already maturing, anything big and not too agressive will do

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Throw in some clown loaches/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store